No Wake Zone is an area designated by the Harbour Master for vessels to navigate with extreme caution at a slow speed not to create wakes (waves) that is likely to cause damages to lives or properties.
EXISTING NO WAKE ZONES:
- The junction of the Belize River and Haulover Creek to Baron Bliss Lighthouse in Belize City. The area enclosed by an imaginary line drawn 100 feet parallel to the east of the shore line in Caye Caulker including the split.
- They are enclosed by an imaginary line drawn 100 feet east of residential areas including the river and 100 feet west of the entrance of the San Pedro River.
- From the Southernmost point of Placencia to South of Placencia Caye and all the area contained therein. The area enclosed by an imaginary line 100 feet parallel to the Eastern shore line of Placencia.
- A point 100 feet east to the entrance of Monkey River to a point 100 feet west of the residential area along the river.
- A point where the Caribbean Sea meets the North Stann Creek River extending up the river to a point 100 feet west of the second bridge.
- The area enclosed by an imaginary line drawn 100 feet parallel to the Eastern shore line of Dangriga Town.
- A point 100 feet down the New River East of Reyes Tour to a point of 100 feet up the river West from Lamanai Echo Adventure Tours.
- A point 100 feet from residential area when heading west into Sittee River Village.