The operators of vessels providing service between San Pedro, Ambergris Caye and the mainland are hereby notified that Cargo vessel are authorised to provide cargo service to the island. The prohibition of sailing for all cargo vessels has been lifted, under the following conditions:
- All vessels are required to land at the Belize Port Authority dock in San Pedro and to load and offload their cargo, under the supervision of officials at that location. The procedure for berthing allocation remains the same.
- The crew are required to follow the Health Department guidelines with respect to social distancing, sanitising of all surfaces, and washing and sanitising of hands. In this respect, the crew of the vessels are to minimise interacting with anyone on the island, and are required to remain on or near the docking area for the duration of the operation.
- Vessels are to be properly sanitised before and after every operation, and prior to departure from the island.
- Owners and Operators are reminded that the prohibition with regard to transportation of passengers remain- no passengers are to be allowed to board the vessel.
- Owners and Operators are requested to utlise separate mainland and island crews for loading and off-loading where possible, to minimise the potential risk.
This order in accordance with the powers granted under the Harbours and Merchant Shipping (Subsidiary) Act CAP 234, Section 45 of Harbour Regulations.
BY ORDER OF THE PORTS COMMISSIONER